1.30.2012

Outfit Photos & Food Ramblings

Sweater: c/o Romwe
Peter Pan Collar: F21
Skirt: American Apparel
Platforms: BCBG from Smart Bargain
Purse: Knockoff Coach from Salvation Army
Harmonica Necklace: Modcloth

I'm trying to recall the last time I posted an outfit on here, but it's been so long I can hardly remember. I'm sure new readers were beginning to think this was model Katy's blog –– the readers who don't read the text, that is –– and that they would be seeing more long blonde locks on here in the future. Well, they're only halfway wrong. I've got more projects with Katy lined up, but I also hope to have weekly photo dates with Corey now that he's settled back into town, which mean more outfit photos for me too. No promises there, but we'll see what we can do.

The weekend was a lazy one, except Saturday night when I worked at the restaurant and received the biggest tip I've ever seen in my life. That was good and refreshing, and hopefully it'll help me afford a few new pieces that I've been stalking and bookmarking on Pinterest.

I guess Sunday wasn't all that lazy either since I got some grocery shopping done and planned a dinner menu for the next few days. Jake made curry chicken chili all day yesterday which was extra yummy, and I plan to make chicken tortilla soup and Thai chicken pizza later this week, too. We're big chicken eaters in this house, but just so we don't tire of it too quickly, on Wednesday I'm planning for black bean-quinoa burgers with vegetable tempura. This whole cooking thing is new to me and Jake, but we realize the importance of learning how to cook good healthy dishes at home, not only to benefit our health but also to benefit our budget. My goal is to cook dinner four nights a week (when I'm not working) and to get it all done for under $100. Here's to trying! If you have any must-try, affordable recipes, do tell because I need all the help I can get.

One last thing that fortunately is more related to fashion: this sweater is my new favorite thing and I can't stop wearing it everyday. My classmates might be calling me the stinky kid, but I don't care because I'm soo in love.


No comments: