12.21.2011

Primary Colors


Sweater & Shoes: Saver's
Hat & Blouse: c/o Romwe
Skirt: Lauren's sale
Brooch: Vintage Socialite
Tights: Gap

My fashion designer friend Lauren is moving to Portland after Christmas. I'm sending her off with a long list of Portland bloggers to fall in love with, including my favorites Clever Nettle, The Friendly Fox, Rachel Red Lips, and soon The Velvet Bird! As sad as am to see her go, I'm glad she's moving to a city full of such creative people. She's talented, and it's hard to make much of yourself here, unless you land a spot on Project Runway like Korto.

The one advantage of her leaving is that her closet's packed with lots of great vintage clothes, and she can't carry them all with her. She opened up her home to an indoor "yard" sale last week, and I left with a heaping pile of vintage, and lots of money still in my pocket. It was great. I got this skirt while I was there, and though it's a lot more color than I usually wear (my wardrobe has slowly faded into earthtones lately), I love it. It was the perfect match for my new Romwe bowler.

I took these photos in my kitchen one night over the weekend. The fun part about taking photos in my house at night is the potential for lots of visitors! Say hello to Louie, Hank, and Jake.



No comments: