12.20.2011

2011 Christmas Wishlist



I'm really awesome at making wishlists, but really awful at getting them in an organized post. Every Christmas I make a wishlist on Kaboodle for my mom and my sister to reference, but I always forget to share them on the blog. Not this year, my friends.

My wishlist starts with the letters I used to create the words "wish". They're made of cardboard, cotton, and old maps and are available at Urban Outfitters for $12 per letter. I was trying to come up with something to spell out on my wall (something short so I could get away with buying fewer letters), but Jake convinced me that I could make them just as well. So, I guess that has moved to my DIY wishlist. 

For my real wishlist. . .
1) You bloggers are killing me with all your cute Instax photos. I've already made up my mind; if I don't get an Instax Mini for Christmas, I'm buying my own. Merry Christmas to me.

2) This rug isn't for sale, but I sure wish it were. It was made by a Navajo weaver sometime in the 20s, and I found it and fell in love with it while writing my paper last month. I've shown Jake some Pendleton blankets that I might be interested in, but none have my heart like this one.

3) I'd take a million things from Madewell, but I've been loving this pair of boots for more than a year and would seriously love to cross them off my wishlist.

4) PASSPORT! This is one thing that I know for certain I'm getting. Because I have so many brothers and sisters we all get a spending limit with our parents, and this is what I chose this year. I've never traveled outside of the country, but this summer I plan to attend a study abroad trip with the art history department. We'll be going to the Yucatán to study ancient Maya art and architecture, and I'm verrry excited.

5) It's my goal to learn how to play the guitar this year. I'm bummed I don't know how already! I don't want to be a rockstar or even play any live shows, I just want to be able to sit by myself and write a song if I choose to.

6) I saw this book at my friends house a few weeks ago and wasted no time flipping through the entire thing. Things are so different in Little Rock now. I would love to do a photo series where I recreate each photo just to show how drastic the changes have been.

7) A good set of watercolors is another thing that's been high on my wishlist for awhile now. I have a vision of a little sketchbook I'd like to start in 2012, and a set of Winsor & Newton watercolors would be the perfect way to kick it off.

No comments: