9.22.2011

Kitty Kicks & Reworked Tees

Vintage T-shirt: c/o Dusty Rose Vintage
Skirt: Forever 21
Bowler: Target
Cat Shoes: Antique Mall, birthday gift from Jake's mom
Skeleton Key Tote: Glam Naturale
Harmonica Necklace: Modcloth

My friend Mel recently launched a collection of reworked vintage t-shirts on etsy. She teamed up with Dusty Rose Vintage to reconstruct close to 100 vintage tees, which they presented at Fashion's Night Out during fashion week in New York (with all of the proceeds going to the feminist collective Permanent Wave). Since I was unable to attend fashion week this year,  Mel offered to send me a t-shirt here at home. I was delighted by the offer! I'd wear a vintage t-shirt everyday of the school year if I could, but there never seems to be enough to go around at my local thrift shops. I love the one she sent. There's plenty more to pick from in their shop, so definitely have a look around when you have the chance.

I styled mine with one of my new favorite skirts from Forever 21. It looks a fright with all the wrinkles and my silly poses, but hopefully you'll get to see it in a better light soon. I finished the look with my favorite bowler hat, a skeleton key tote by Glam Naturale, and a pair of cat shoes that Jake's mom bought me for my birthday.


Photos by my sister Kristi!

No comments: