11.02.2009

We can't take it with us.

There's something remarkably calming about spending time alone in a cemetery. It's pretty much the happiest, most peaceful place that I know. Perhaps it's the reminder that we can't take all of these things with us.

I like that.
we can't take it with us.

we can't take it with us.

we can't take it with us.

we can't take it with us.

we can't take it with us.

"We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone."
-told to me by Clara

Thanks to you all for your love and friendship.
It really does mean the world to me.

Vintage Knit Shirt: Goodwill $3
Vintage Tailored Shirt: Goodwill $3
Vintage Skirt: Goodwill $4
Oxfords: Rachel Comey for U.O. $75
Vintage Fedora: Estate Sale $8
Heart Necklace: Forever 21 $5

16 comments:

My Passport to Style said...

Hi there Star, beautiful, you look soooo stylish and I love your elequant post!Sharon xxxooo

piglet said...

Lovely post. That little skirt is just darling.
www.thislittlepiggie.tumblr.com

Dylana Suarez said...

Your skirt is so cute! I love it so much! You have such a great personal style.

colormenana.blogspot.com

andrew goldspink said...

outfit is cute as all hell

Valencia Lia said...

We don't really have a cemetery here like that. Most all have been taken away. But its gorgeous and peaceful there I guess.

And great place to have your photos taken:) Love love this outfit so much!!

Really chic and vintage of course which I LOVE LOVE:) Gorgeous skirt with those oxfords are beautiful!

Adore those fall leaves all around.

Love the quote from Clara,she's such a sweet person:)

Yeaaa,I'm happy that I don't know what's exactly in a package. That's why I love to do swaps with people!!

Ohhhh maybe we could do a swap sooon:)

Awww,and thanks for your kind words on my video.

Oops,long comment now. heee big hugssss

Kassondra DeBoer said...

i love that skirt!

LF said...

oh my, your high waisted skirt is adorbs! and the hat is a very nice touch :))

jess s//

dy of ghost said...

these are great photos, lovely blog! :)

C said...

Yay hat! These are gorgeous photos.

Brenna said...

Your blog and pictures make me smile, and your outfits are fantastic.

Random aside: You remind me of my cousin.

Melanie's Randomness said...

Love the skirt & the pics. I like how you create the scenes in your pictures. I hope you have a great week!

Closet Full of Nothing said...

Love the photos! very cute skirt :)

macks said...

i really like your skirt!

Mairyliscious said...

so cute skirt!
love the hat and the autumn colors every where!

Little Lost Treasures said...

The skirt is so cute! and I really like the hat too

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

wow the thrifting goes so well for you!! What great prices!! I don't think I'd be able to find such things at the ones near me. awesome.