6.26.2012

Hello it's me

birdcage_onfilm
It's been so long since I last wrote a blog post. How are you?

I went to Mexico earlier this month to visit a handful of ancient Maya sites scattered throughout the Yucatán. I've been home for a while and meaning to stop by to say hi and to post some photos of my trip but I was tied up writing a research paper about how frogs were connected to the Maya rain god Chac during the pre-Hispanic cenote rituals. It was an interesting topic, I only wish that art history papers didn't stress me out like they do. Happy to cross that one off my list.

 The photo I'm posting today is one that I took with my film camera sometime in the spring. I've hung lace tablecloths in place of curtains all of my house and I'm constantly chasing their shadows with my camera.

No comments: