9.13.2010

Craft Fit For A Starr


Herro everyone! I'm Myriam from Myriad.of.Mischief, doing a guest post for Starr while she's having a damn-good time at NYFW. You might remember me from Playful Girls Playing Dress Up back in March. Being relatively new to the scene, I was pretty flabbergasted when Starr asked me to take over for a day. Let's hope I do her lovely blog justice!

  Aside from thrift and fashion, my other love is DIY/craft. My mind is always a buzz with a new project in mind. This particular feather fascinator headband was made especially for Starr. After a day of thrifting, she handed me some old Great War buttons, a cameo from a broken piece of jewelry, and some vintage lace. I believe she said something along the lines of "Victorian-inspired...well, you know what I like."

Haha! No pressure, right? I finally got to work on this bad boy during one of my crafting binges before I had left for Spain. I thought I'd give you guys a behind-the-scenes look!
Starr was having a love for coral at the time, so I partially dyed the vintage lace to give it an ombresque tint.

Then I proceeded to carefully fold it into a fan design for the headband's embellishment.

I used a bleached peacock featherpad, accented with my favorite spotted Guinea-feathers.

After gluing on the cameo and three small Great War buttons, the embellishment was finished and ready to be attached to its featherpad counterpart and a cute floral headband. 

And! The finished product: 
I present to you a special feather fascinator headband inspired by the lovely Starr.
Even though I finished this back in June, I have yet to hand it to Starr...it was supposed to be her birthday present! So, what do you think? Will she approve?

Starr, I hope I did your blog justice! Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to guest post. Hope you're having a blast at NYFW and I can't wait for your safe return to the Natural State!
♥ ♥ ♥
Myriam

8 comments:

Away with the fairy's said...

aww they are amazing! love them <3

http://illustratemypillowcase.blogspot.com/

Miss T said...

very lovely.


Give away on
loadingdarling.blogspot.com

Amber Blue Bird said...

Darling!

Justice Pirate said...

oh wow. that is so beautiful!!!

Haramaki Love said...

so sweet!!

out of the mist said...

Lovely!
Excelent blog!...
I´m you follower now!
If you like mine...follow tooo!!
outofthewhitemist.blogspot.com

Mamushka Marie said...

ooh these are awesome!

Bryce said...

That really is amazing!