12.15.2010

Marie Antoinette


The second I saw this dress listed in the Delightful Dozen, I knew I wanted to get my hands on it, and I knew I wanted to use Marie Antoinette as my inspiration. The soft pastels and bold, floral print looked like something straight off the walls of the Petit Trianon! I looked around the house for some pink blush and a bottle of hairspray to poof my hair with, but that would've made everything a little costumey. The white petal hat was about as creative as I could get without going overboard!

Dress: Urban Outfitters via Tieka // Lace Blouse: Goodwill // Tights: Zara // Shoes: Payless // Hat: Estate Sale

Corey and I took these photos at this great Spanish-inspired building in town. It's set on a sharp curve, so I never get a great look at it when I pass, but I know I've always loved it. I was so happy to finally see it up close. Aren't the tile stairs fantastic! I hated the fact that the broom and wine bottle were sitting out when we were taking photos, but that ended up being my favorite part once I got home to look at them.
Also, have you heard about the Delightful Dozen 2011 calendar? They're on sale now for $15 and all proceeds go to the National Eating Disorder Association (NEDA) which helps women fighting all types of eating disorders. I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to be a part of this project. Be sure to check it out when you have extra time!
Photos by Corey!

28 comments:

samantha ramage said...

omg i want that hat! looks like a fabulous bathing cap!!

xo
sami

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

Hehe, the petal hat is brilliant. So cute with the lace shirt and floral dress, like a 60s Marie A ;)

Anonymous said...

The print on that dress is so, so cute x

the girl in the bowler hat said...

Such a lovely dress
:)

xxxx

Charlotte Cantillon (Crowley) said...

I love seeing how the Delightful Dozen style this dress!! It's one of my favourites.
wow, you're doing a calendar? that us fantastic!!

Charlotte xxx

Away with the fairy's said...

It looks absolutely stunning on you!

http://illustratemypillowcase.blogspot.com/

A Glamorous Way of Thinking said...

You look fantastic and the dress looks divine on you. Great photos.
xx

http://aglamorouswayofthinking.blogspot.com/

caitlin said...

oh my gosh, this is brilliant! i may have to recreate it, even though it is probably like 400 degrees colder here than it is where you are... you definitely scored with that hat. pretty amazing :)

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

This is a brilliant concept and photoshoot! You never cease to be creative!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the outfit. Beautiful... If you're ever in California, you should see the Spanish missions, especially in Santa Barbara! You would love it.

I've been in a Marie Antoinette mood lately .... specifically, the movie.... Sooo good.

What's the brand of the lace blouse, I wonder?

xxx
nancy

Anonymous said...

gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I often find that details I was sort of grumpy about at the time turn out to be the best bit about an image on second viewing. I rather like the way the wine bottle and broom move the viewers eyes across the image :)

Great look and a beautiful setting for it!

Rhiannon said...

Your layering is always so inspirational! I have a '90s lace top like that one and I never thought of layering it under a short sleeved jumper or dress. Wonderful!

Amber said...

what a pretty dress and your layered it so well with that blouse. Great look from head to toe

Elanor said...

you styled this so interestingly! i like it. :)
the lace is great.

xx elanor
missing-lovebirds.blogspot.com

Federico Panarello said...

great outfit...your look is beautiful as always...

Unknown said...

love the pattern of that dress xxxx

Amanda said...

I love the inspiration for this outfit and I absolutely adore the hat you paired with it! It's a modern-ish take on the Marie Antoinette style and it definitely doesn't come off as costumey.

morgan said...

that hat is incredible. just lovely.

morgan said...

also, what a cool project for something that doesn't get quite the serious attention it deserves.

Arianne said...

You look lovely, Starr! I especially like the bathing hat. :))

Arianne from A + B in the Sea

Rajnai Rebeka said...

Wow...
I'm in LoVe with this outfit! And i adore that photo with the stairs.... Beautiful colors!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

It is the famous Starr hat!! The outfit here is fabulous on you!!!!

Rosaspina Vintage said...

You look like an antique doll! Lovely :)

Bryce said...

I love this outfit. That lace underneath the dress is genius. And I love how blue your eyes look in that second to last photo.

b. said...

Your blog is adorable! Almost as adorable as this outfit!

Little Bo Peeep said...

what is this fab outfit?! tres gorgeous <3

Anonymous said...

I found your blog on Delightfully Tacky's and I was scrolling through and saw this post... And completely recognized the building. Then I read your bio. You're in Little Rock! I just moved out of Rock Street Lofts downtown! Anyway. I just got super excited when I noticed such a trendy, awesome lady from LR. :)