7.13.2010

Spinning Records In The Upside of Wonder Dress

Photos by Hannah

Dress: Available @ The Upside Of Wonder
Trouser Socks: Saver's .69 cents
Wedges: Cynthia Vincent for Target via Ebay
Petal Cap: Alabama Antique Mall $3
Harmonica Necklace: Modcloth $16
Indian Necklace: DIY

It looks as though this new photo setup has become my latest addiction! I've been trying to get off the internet more when Jake's at work during the day, and I'm glad to see that this backdrop is helping. I've pissed away so much time online these past few months when I could've been working on something more creative! All that's in the past though. I went shopping at Saver's today (photos tomorrow) and scored lots of really great things for the shop. Hannah and I were so excited about our finds that we came home and photographed one of the dresses. I'm also working on scheduling another shoot with Katy and then another one with Hootie for next week! So much productivity going on around this place; I'm just hoping that this wave of energy doesn't wind down.

After we photographed that dress for the shop, Hannah was kind enough to take these shots for me. I lost my camera remote (got another one on the way) and was having trouble getting the self-timer to meter for me and not for the background. I know the lighting's not perfect, still working on getting that just right, but we had fun playing around.  Do you like my dress? It was sent to me by the lovely Amanda from The Upside Of Wonder and is available in her shop if you're interested. I'll be sad to pass it on because it really is the most comfortable dress that can be styled a million different ways and will easily go with you from summer to fall.

34 comments:

Tamara said...

That dress is absolutely perfect.

BaronessVonVintage said...

WOW! These photos look AMAZING. YOU look AMAZING!

Q's Daydream said...

Love these pics and your new backdrop! That hat is the sweetest!
and I so know what you mean about pissing away time on the computer. Once in Nashville I hope I'll be so busy I won't have time for the internet! xoxo

Hannah said...

That backdrop is so clean and simple. I love it. It makes everything look really professional.
And I love the way you do your photoshoots. They're so fun.

Anonymous said...

hi starr! wow...your blog looks amazing! and...i'm pretty sure i have that dress. only, mine is a taupe-y brown color!

Oh, My Darling said...

Wow, what great photos!

Sidewalk Chic said...

This outfit is totally perfect.

Chaucee said...

Ah, without a remote it can be SO hard to get the focus right! Totally know what you mean.

By the way, I love the feel of these photos! Totally retro with the records but vintage with the outfit.

E said...

ooh that dress is really beautiful!


heyfancypants.blogspot.com

Shelby said...

i love your dress. i wish i had a good backdrop thingy! it would make cool photo sessions way easy

Jen Hsieh said...

keep these photoshoots up because i'm loving them! my favorite picture is where you have records for eyes :P

Unknown said...

oh starr you never cease to amaze me!! your blog just keeps getting better and better!

Berlin said...

The petal cap is fun! Love the photos.


Have an awesome week!
Berlin

Rebecca said...

I really like your new backdrop. It's so simple you can really focus on the clothes. Sweet dress and I do love the petal hat. I found the record player a bit confusing when I first looked at these!

Carys said...

That dress is lovely, and your photos are absolutely amazing!!! You are so talented, I love reading your posts!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Anonymous said...

Starr how did you set up this kind of a backdrop. Would you please share with us?

Thank you :)

Trishna

Rosie said...

So much fun! The trick with the record threw me off. I had to look a second time. Very cool and clever illusion!

Sarah Yvonne said...

what a fun photo shoot! I really like the dress and shoes. What a crazy headdress :)

Sarah Yvonne

tess said...

love the sandals and socks, nice contrast with the neutrals

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE said...

Adorable photo shoot!

I think it's really easy to waste time on the internets when you work from home. I try to be disciplined about this myself, but sometimes it doesn't work. There's just so much loveliness to be seen online. However, the endless inspiration is kind of pointless if you don't get out there and start creating for yourself!

anne said...

these photos rule!

kiss me quick said...

Hi! Your so right. flickr is so much better. It's the second time this happens to me.

I'm sorry about the trouble. I'm moving for flickr and this time forever!

xxx kissmequick

Meghan said...

Cuute dress and pics! Can't wait to see your Savers finds.

Anonymous said...

you are such a cutie! I love that the "record player" is a photo on canvas! very neat ^.^

Sara said...

I really like these pics! it is kind of nice to see the focus more on the blogger than the scenery once in awhile! Congrats on all the projects, I can't wait to see all the pics :D :D

Carissa said...

cute shots!

Maria Confer said...

I love these photos and I adore that dress.

Where did you get the amazing white backdrop. I've been thinking about getting one, but have no idea what to do.

Lulu Letty

April said...

I love these photos! They are sooooo cute! You're adorable. ;)

lu said...

that is the coolest headpiece! and also im dying to know--are your CV wedges a little loose around the ankles? mine slip on and off without unbuttoning! it makes me nervous to wear them :(

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

Oooh tricky tricky! I love the set and clothes!!

Jenni said...

I love your new photo set up, and I love this outfit! The dress and shoes are incredible!

o said...

this is such a fun photo shoot! i love how the pictures turned out:) yes, the dress is adorable!

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

KANI said...

i love this ! the shoes are amazing

Little Monarch said...

i know what you mean about wasting time on the internet! i should be doing something creative... love these photos too