7.18.2010

Nautical Summer


 I can't believe I haven't posted an outfit since Tuesday. My new camera remote still hasn't arrived, and it's absolutely dreadful asking Jake to take my picture. I thought it might be easier to just set up the tripod and ask him to hit the button for me! He was still as goofy as ever, but at least I managed to get one decent photograph from the batch.

I forgot to show this shirt with the haul of thrift finds I brought home the other day, but it was just another  item I picked up at Saver's. These shorts probably aren't familiar to you, but believe it or not, you've actually seen them before. They were a pair of silk harem pants from U.O. that looked absolutely ridiculous on me. I tried to sell them in the grand opening of my Etsy store but nobody bought them. I've been dying for some scalloped shorts, but I'm too broke to buy any, so I figured I'd d.i.y. a pair. They're not great and actually look more like waves than scallops, but they do the job and quite comfortably at that!

Wearing this nautical look actually made me think about all the other nautical pieces I had in my closet and how I haven't photographed either one of those dresses this summer. I don't know how they've been left how because I swear I wear that navy dress weekly, but somehow they have. It has to get done before summers over though! I just need that camera remote...

26 comments:

Q's Daydream said...

Oh my goodness! For a sec my heart skipped a beat! I thought this was a shop update and you were selling the white dress, lol! I was ready to spend some cash! hahahahaha!
Love all of these things :o)

April said...

Love the nautical theme that's been going around this summer!

Maria Confer said...

Like Quincy, I thought this was a shop update and I nearly hyperventilated. You know how much I adore all your nautical pieces!!

Lulu Letty

archives vintage said...

wow...great nautical pieces!!

and you did an AWESOME job on those shorts!! they look scalloped to me. :D

A Flourishing Perspective said...

Oh wow! I'm jealous as of right now. Those are all so gorgeous. Did you buy them all at thrift shops? I haven't done much thrifting, but whenever I have I haven't found anything. I get really jealous when I see beautiful things that people have thrifted. Great post!!

Much love,
Erika=]

Bea said...

Starr, I know exactly what you mean. I have been dying to get a tripod because my brother/photographer just doesn't get how outfit shots are supposed to look. He either makes me look like a speck in the distance or zooms in on my face completely. I am grateful for the help but I need that tripod now! :P Hope you get your remote soon.

I wouldn't have even figured out that those were D.I.Y scallop shorts. I think you've inspired me to turn my harem pants into jogging shorts!

Your nautical dresses and navy swimsuit are just the greatest ever, btw :)

B from A plus B

Unknown said...

So jelly of your beautiful clothing collection! Also, I just got scalloped shorts from UO online (sale) for $14. Have you tried there?

Sea Bird said...

I love the cut of your shorts! You did a great job on them!

Anonymous said...

so beauty! :D

Avalonne Hall said...

You look so lovely. Those scalloped shorts are adorable! All those nautical pieces are to die for!!!

fashionist__ahead said...

ohh..
i want all of them...
i really love navy clothes..
:)

Shelby said...

i want those two dresses. they are so perfectly perfect!

Sharon Lei said...

Starr! you have some of the best pieces in your closet. Sigh. :) I love those shorts you have on.. the scalloped hem has got me smitten. Hope you're having a great day!

xx Love & Aloha
**I have a giveaway going on.. not sure if it's your "style".. but check it out anyway. :)

Arielle said...

I love your nautical collection!! so many gems, oh my!

Rebecca said...

Oh i love some nautical looks in my life. You have so many lovely things. I like the diy scallop edge. It looks great.

Krislyn said...

nautical! wow it's really been around for a while now! i love the first dress.

Andrea said...

Nautical looks never go out of style, you collection of nautical pieces could make any girl jealous ;).

http://maxandchichi.blogspot.com/

Little Monarch said...

what a lovely blog. i love the little navy cap.

AlbY said...

Love the style!!!:):)

keep posting!!:)


xoxo
aGDame

agdame.blogspot.com

cb said...

i never tire of nautical! it always looks so classic and clean...like anchors so much i got them tattooed on my hip bones :)
xo,
cb
www.thecitybirdsnest.blogspot.com

Catherine said...

I could do nautical everyday for the rest of my life. I never tire of it! Also, I love the scallop/ wave shorts, I don't have any money to spend either so I guess I'll copy your DIY.

http://thegirlinthepaperdress.blogspot.com

Fear is a Dirty Word said...

I love the white dress, and whatever is in the first picture... is that a bathingsuit or a romper? either way, it is adorable :)

xoxo
-Sam
http://fearisadirtyword.blogspot.com

Cily said...

The white nautical dress is absolutely amazing! just love her!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

nautical things make me swooooooooooooon!

April said...

love the nautical-ness and i love that you diy'd those scallop shorts! and i love the scallops with the nautical tee!

Anonymous said...

awesome finds!! I actually have that Tulle navy dress in the second picture! ^.^ and I'm drooling over the red/white sailor blouse!!