5.26.2010

Introducing 'Two Dames Togged To The Bricks' Clothing Swap

I'm pretty excited to finally unveil a secret I've been holding with another blogger for sometime. I haven't given any hints about it, but I've been itching to show you guys everything I've been working on!

A while back Veronika from Tick Tock Vintage approached me about doing a clothing swap. She figured since we had such similar vintage style and since we both wore right about the same size that the two of us would be a good match for a swap. We've decided to call it 'Two Dames Togged To The Bricks' which is just a fancy way of saying 'two ladies wearing their best".

For the very first round we wore one of Veronika's vintage dresses. I danced around in the tree light kaleidoscopes and snuck my way into a cat infested abandoned house. I tried to be creative with the dress at first and paired it with a shirt I refer to as my 'Joan blouse' because it reminds me so much of something Christina Hendricks character would wear in Madmen. Instead of tying the self fabric belt around my waist I wrapped it up in my hair and wore it as a headband. That could only last so long though. The temperatures were wretchedly hot, and I had to shed a layer and move the belt back to where it belongs.









Veronika's Vintage Dress: A gift from Circle Vintage
Vintage Joan Blouse: Mustard Seed Vintage on Etsy $18
Espadrilles: Goodwill $4
Straw Clutch: Salvation Army $2
Cameo Ring: Estate Sale $1

Now, go visit Veronika's blog to see more photos of her wearing the dress!

28 comments:

veronika, tick tock vintage. said...

yay! you look stunning, and i love how you layered the cardigan over the dress. gorgeous.

Carys said...

Beautiful dress, what a lovely idea!!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

M. said...

such a good idea, you two have the best style! I love the dress on both of you, can't wait to see what's next!

lovelove, M.
http://marissaexplains.blogspot.com

Natasha Natalie said...

That ring is gorgeous! xx

Lizzie Prule said...

Ohh, that's a great idea! Love that dress on both of you :)

Lizz x
http://backtolizzieprule.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

You look great! I usually don't like yellow, but I really, really like that dress.

Melanie@Unravelled Threads

Chaucee said...

Clothing swaps are always fun : ) Glad you have some set up now! They seem like the "it" thing to do in the blogging world right now.

Rosie said...

So pretty and so fun! You ladies look super summery and cute!

Becky said...

What a cool idea! You look awesome. Love the ring!

Anonymous said...

Adorable! I can't wait to see more. Yellow 50's sundresses are the prettiest things in the world!

xo Jenny

Meghan said...

What a fun idea! I love the print & color of that dress.

Q's Daydream said...

amazing! what a fantastic idea!

Anonymous said...

Love this!! I really like that you made the dress look like a skirt aside from styling it as a dress. Very cute! and I want want that ring, oh gosh!!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

Oh that is just too precious!! I love all the shots of yourself in the dress. I tlooks like such fun!!! Great job.

Did you ever get my email with the attachment? Just wondering. ;)

katecreate said...

You look beautiful!

FutureLint said...

Such a pretty dress - it was fun to see how you both styled it! I love it with the little sweater over it!

Anonymous said...

cette robe est sublime et merveilleusement bien portée ^^

Marta Castellanos said...

LOOVED IT!!Great idea!xoxo

www.meencantamiropa.blogspot.com

Jen Hsieh said...

aww both of you girls look so lovely! this vintage dress is definitely a fantastic find :)

Nico said...

you're so cute! what a super cool idea, too. i love how you put the shirt over the dress...adorable.

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE said...

Ooh! Fun! I need to find a clad in black vintie to do a clothing swap with me.

Nina Cat said...

Your blog is so inspiring! And what a great dress :D

http://classiquecherie.blogspot.com

Rebecca said...

Beautiful photos, looks like a lot of fun. It was interesting to see how you both styled it. I like the belt as a headband, great idea.

Ollie Otson said...

Your shoes are adorable, and I love the name of this feature. So cute.

Stacey said...

Love that ring!

mariel said...

this is such an awesome idea. you two are so cute! :) i love that brown shirt you put over it. also your eyes are gorgeous! lastly, that ring is so adorable!

Manja said...

This is a great idea!!!
I really love how you styled it multiple ways, I love it when dresses are so versatile :)

guildedsecret. said...

its amazing how both of you have such complimentary styles... sunny yellow looks wonderful on both of you - and you're right, joan from mad men would LOVE this outfit :)

xo.
princesspolitico.blogspot.com