3.16.2010

Wendy Bevan Circus Act.

Just when I thought I couldn't like Wendy Bevan any more than I already did, she went and did the most stupendous (and my favorite) work she's ever done: vintage circus photography. I love vintage all across the boards, but if there's one event I have a special affinity for it's vintage circuses. There's just something extra sweet about those intricate costumes that get me all giddy inside, and this time they were modern creations of all those vintage styles I love! Shot for Italian Marie Claire (S/S 2010), this is hands down my favorite editorial of the year so far.







And as if these didn't cause me to be featherbrained enough, there was even more excitement when I discovered the short film to match. I needed this film inspiration in a bad way, and who better to provide it than Wendy Bevan herself.



Source: Wendy Bevan

13 comments:

Rosie said...

I'd already seen these beautiful images, but not the video! Amazing...

tess said...

wow these photos are whimsical, daring, and oh so fun. thanks for posting!

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE said...

I seriously *just* watched this video right before hopping over to your blog. Beautiful!

BaronessVonVintage said...

these are stellar! WOW!

Sara said...

these are beautiful! I will have to check the video when I get home, thanks for sharing ;)

Juliette said...

Beautiful vintage photos!
And that tattoo in the first pic looks like the one Isabel from Hipster Musings got.

WhereForArtThouRomeo

natasja said...

this is really amazing, your blog is lovely

Emma Fick said...

There's just something about the circus...

Anonymous said...

Brilliant photos.

Mel said...

I love these photos! The quality and lighting makes it so vintage!

Gillian Hannah Berry said...

oh wow, these are so very fantastic!
Now that's a quality you can rarely get with digital photography.

Alice Saga said...

I LOVE Madame Bevan.

I did an interview with her a while ago. You can find it here:

http://alicewonderland2.blogspot.com/2009/11/conversation-with-photographer-and-jazz.html

X

samantha said...

brilliant.