9.10.2009

A Little Princess

A couple of months ago when money was still plentiful and impulse buys were still a problem that I could afford, I picked up a couple of movies at Wal-Mart. It was one of those two for one deals where similar movies are packaged together and sold for one price and it just happened to be two of my favorite childhood films, The Secret Garden and A Little Princess not to be confused with The Little Princess, the 1939 version starring Shirley Temple.

I've yet to rewatch The Secret Garden but I finally got around to watching A Little Princess and I have to say, I adore both the 30's and the 90's versions of the film. Both Shirley Temple and Liesel Matthews do a wonderful job at playing little Sarah Crewe.
...
...
She is my hero.
So beautiful on the inside and out, Sarah is a reminder to be kind no matter what your situation is. I love that she's so sweet and kind yet isn't afraid to speak out and stand up for the things that she believed in.

You just have to believe.
...































If I ever have a little girl she will definitely own this film.

Hope everyone is having a lovely day and just a reminder...
if your watching any ebay items the ebay auctions end tonight!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooh i have a love hate relationship with this film.
its soo great, but sad too!
i havnt seen it in years!!
X

Kristin said...

I have always wanted to see both of these movies and never have! These pictures have inspired me to though!! All of the still are so beautiful!

Marta Castellanos said...

i love, love, love ,love , love this film!!!Sara is so strong!and i always cry when i watch it (even now in 22!!) I haven´t watch it in English and don´t know what exactly says but one of my favourite parts is when Sara says to the bad teacher "All the womens are princess. It doesn´t mind if they are old, young, ugly or pretty. Didn´t says it your father??".
And beautiful is the Secret Garden too.
X(sorry for my bad english)
Marta
www.meencantamiropa.blogspot.com

Ruxandra said...

i don'tthink i've seen this movie.but reading this post makes me watch it:)have a lovely day.

{Tara} said...

I love both of those films!! The Secret Garden is so good!!! One of my faves as a little girl!

lidia said...

YES YES YES !! I REMEMBER THIS MOVIE!!! LITTLE PRINCESS!! OH MY OH MY I LOVEEEEE THIS MOVIE!